When will we be more environment conscious and start respecting people who try to save water and electricity? Recycling is good not a sign of a miser. It’s the mindset I want to see change towards saving our earth’s resources. Be it recycling or reusing.
I had gone for the movie with lots of high expectations which were much misplaced. Last I would have expected from not 1 but 2 “Intelligent” actors to dish out something as fishy and stinking as I hate LUV stories, well that misspelled love only should have warned me! But as I’ve been a great fan of SRK & Kajol’s DDLJ and almost all love stories, I was not expecting to be THIS disappointed.
The movie started off on a cute note, but you can’t keep going on the same note for the whole time! I agree there were some nice moments, but hey, even shows on the telly can tickle my funny bone! I came here for some romance some magic and of course for some drama! But all I got was some under and over the hand pot-shots at the producer of the same film and also some of my most favorite scenes! I might have liked it, even enjoyed it; had it been accompanied something substantial or meaningful. But an overdose of insincere and pointless such references brings me to think how can you ridicule the past when all you’re showing us are their portrayals and then going ahead and doing the same things!
Here, I would like to appreciate that Karan Johar and the host of other celebrities who were used in the movie, have definitely proved their sporting spirits. The movie in a whole was more of a tutorial for people who want to take up movie making seriously ;).
I don’t like commenting on the actor’s acting or dancing skills, but here again I’ll make an exception, as there are some things even a novice like me can’t ignore. This particular scene when Imran Khan (J and not Jay) goes down on his knees to propose Sonam Kapoor (Simran) made me wince and close my eyes! Imran is an actor who tires only to act with his face, the rest of his body is just so stiff, even while dancing, at the same time Sonam is much more controlled and even looked stunning but still left u feeling something is missing!
Yes of course, how can I not mention styling and clothes? While Sonam’s clothes were very wearable and glamorous at the same time, the white flower stood out as a sore thumb. Even Imran Khan had perfected the look of the character but his body language seemed too loud for my taste, though I loved the sling he was carrying for the most part. But I dint understand the need to open his buttons in the song and dance sequence.
All in all, the movie felt flat on its face, and the ‘movie-within-a-movie’ formula does not help at all in the climax. Well for the villain, as there was one missing on the screen I’d say it should be Karan Johar for approving and financing the script!
It’s that time of the year again! Yes, its monsoons, India’s most favored all time season! I don’t know why, but this is the season that most of things happen in, for example, in movies all the good, bad and romantic stuff has to happen it will be raining. If someone has died, it’s raining; just when the lead pair has confessed to their loves it starts showering; when the bad guy is bashing the good guy it’s again pouring.
- For obvious reasons, Mitti Ki Khushbu (Smell of the soil) tops my chart of LOVE but then with it comes the same mitti (wet sand) getting onto my lowers/clothes, shoes or other things I HATE it!
- Then next I guess should be the pakodas- how some things are always the same with us Indians! I LOVE the smell of pyaz ke pakodas – how is it spelled? Well I’ll rephrase it; I love the smell of onion fritters love biting into hot fritters while enjoying the season. You must be wondering how I can hate the pakodas if I love the smell and the taste so much, but dearies, I HATE the calories it brings with it.
- I LOVE enjoying my cozy bed, with its quilts and not being bothered all day, but HATE leaving its coziness to get all the things I’d forgotten outside.
- LOVE sipping my hot cup of coffee and sitting on the indoor hammock but HATE making tea for everyone else a million times!
- LOVE the sounds of thunder and lighting but HATE that the same causes our power blackouts! For all my NRI friends, let me tell you, this is such a severe problem in India, that even if the skies are just threatening to rain, we have a power cut.
- Another of my LOVE is reading, and I wait all year round to pick my choicest of romance novels and start reading, but I HATE reading book which do not have crisp pages.
- Going for long drives with him is also very much on my LOVE list, but HATE getting stuck in the monsoon jams!
Do your grades prove your true intellect? X may be a scholar in school days, but today I’m in a better position than X. But who decides if X is better or worse than me?